[kde-linux] Kate Toolbars (Again)

Scott Couston - Registration Account alpha096 at tpg.com.au
Mon Nov 20 03:13:31 UTC 2006

Dear Hal.

You probably have not got any replies because I have no idea what you
are trying to achieve and what you are doing with Kate.
With respect to reporting bugs the moment you start be saying you
deleted or edited a config file  - you will get in immediate close
invalid.
If you report a bug, just outline the steps you use via the GUI and ONLY
edit a config file or supply it at the request of KDE.
The moment you cease to become the user and NOT use the GUI as it is
intended KDE will not talk to you ever.
I would suggest that you frame your question something like this.
Remember with bug reports you are reporting errors on the application as
it appears as a GUI and you a user, if you start reporting bugs
saying you are altering config files you will get no where fast.

In respect to you issue with KATE please try something like the
following but more elaborate

My task is to perform ???????????? and XXXXXXXXXXXX
I a using kate in order to ??????
The problem with kate in its original form is ????????????
So I have deleted the ??????????????
Which has caused ???????????????
Only trouble is ???????????

Any ideas how I can stop ?????????????? happening so I can use Kate in
this way.

If you do not get a response after framing the problem you are going to
need a more upmarket mailing list.

Kind Regards and G'Day from OZ Scott