[kde-linux] No sound-input after update to KDE 3.5.5

Michael Eschweiler michael.eschweiler at t-online.de
Tue Nov 14 21:36:24 UTC 2006

Hi there,
yesterday I updated my system (SuSE 9.3) from KDE 3.5.4 to KDE 3.5.5. Since
then as a normal user I am not able to record from an input device (line-in
or microphone) nor use internet telephony (I can hear the counterpart but he
doesn't hear me). As root it still works. I controlled the permissions
of /dev/dsp*, but they are still the same as before. What's wrong and what
can I do, so that the sound system works correctly?
Thanks in advance,
Michael