[kde-linux] Konqueror eating my resources

John Andersen jsa at pen.homeip.net
Mon Nov 13 02:40:29 UTC 2006

On Sunday 12 November 2006 07:31, Dale wrote:
> I didn't mean restart the computer, just restart the app.  Keep in mind
> that Linux uses memory a lot differently than windoze.  It is very
> efficient.

True enough, but that does nothing to suggest there is no memory
leaks in Kong.  I've often suspected there were some but don't
know how to go about proving it.

There were known leaks in prior versions of FireFox
which persisted for more than one release.  Just leaving it sit on any
page that periodically refreshed itself could bring a machine to its knees
in a couple days.

--
John Andersen