[kde-linux] Konqueror eating my resources

Dale dalek at exceedtech.net
Sun Nov 12 16:31:56 UTC 2006

Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> On 11/11/06, Dale <dalek at exceedtech.net> wrote:
>
>> Yea, Seamonkey, or Mozilla, does about the same thing.  Maybe it is
>> counting cache or something but you are not alone on this type of report.
>>

> I can understand that but that sometimes really pisses me off. :-\
>

>> If you close Konqueror and restart it, it should go back to a reasonable
>> amount.  That is why I think it is cacheing sites, images usually.  I
>> like this since I am on a very slow dial-up.
>>

> Indeed, I have to restart it... sometimes reminds me of using windows,
> which sucks. Still KDE is the best! :-)
>

>> Dale
>>
>> :-)  :-)

I didn't mean restart the computer, just restart the app.  Keep in mind
that Linux uses memory a lot differently than windoze.  It is very
efficient.  I can truthfully say this since I have had uptimes as long
as 10 months, the longer Linux runs, the faster it gets, especially
after a few days of normal use.  Using cache is really a good thing.  I
have 1GB of ram here and it doesn't take long to fill that up with disk
cache.  It makes a huge difference on start times for big apps like Open
Office, Gimp etc etc.  That is really a good thing.

It's working as it should I am fairly sure of that.  I wouldn't be to
concerned unless something takes up all your memory.

Dale

:-)  :-)