[kde-linux] RES: Want to have multiple users in kopete at once

Marcelo Magno T. Sales marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br
Fri Nov 10 23:15:55 UTC 2006

Hi,

Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:

>>> You mean like a real AIM chat room, with multiple participants? Not so
>>> far as I know, and I've been trying for a couple of years now.
>>>
>>> It can be done with GAIM, though.
>>
>> Kopete 0.12.3, which is part of KDE 3.5.5, is capable of that. There's
>> an "invite" command at the chat window.
>
>Really? Where? I have Kopete 0.12.3 here as part of KDE 3.5.5.1. No
>trace anywhere of an Invite command. Of course, if this is tied to being
>in an AIM chat window, I can't check this right now because a bug in
>Kopete 0.12.3 won't let me connect to AIM.

In Kopete's chat window (not in the main window), choose Chat -> Invite. The words may not be exactly these, as I'm translating from portuguese, but the option is there. Of course, it will only work if the protocol allows it. With MSN Messenger contacts it's possible, don't know about other protocols.

[]'s
Marcelo