[kde-linux] kmail - receiving mail with sbcglobal yahoo

Pollywog linux-kde at shadypond.com
Mon Nov 6 00:27:28 UTC 2006

On Monday November 6, 2006 12:16 am, Blues Renegade wrote:
> I'm not an SBC user, but it looks good, but I would try a few diff
> Authentication methods--see, if that makes a diff. Also, is Thunderbird
> remembering the password?  By chance, did you enter it wrong and then
> correct it later?
>
> Have you tried removing the account and creating it all over again?
>
> Any other mail programs setup and working? Is Port 110 actually open
> thru the firewall? Have you checked the runlevel services and
> mail-related services in there?
>
> Almost certainly, this is a configuration problem.
>
> Good luck with it--I know how aggravating it can get.

I was a customer of SBC Yahoo (now ATT Yahoo) until about two months ago.
I did not use my POP3 mailbox with them except to receive mail related to the
service and I used Fetchmail to retrieve it.  I did not need to set up any
special authentication.  The only problem I had was sending mail through
their server (they block outgoing port 25) from Postfix and it took some time
to figure out how to do that.