[kde-linux] search for a file "synchronisation" programm

Ktala ktalanet at yahoo.es
Sat May 27 18:49:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002 17:49:07 +0200
noskule wrote:

> hi list
>
> I'm looking for a file"synchronisation" programm that sould fit the
> following needs
>
> * copy and move spezific (not all) files from a folder to another
> * copy a folder from one place to another and overwrite existing
> folder/files like mv and cp does it.

I use unison to synchronize my PC with my laptop. If you use Debian you
can use it with apt-get install unison and if not, the site is
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

I hope it helps you.

Bye

> Is someone aware of a software that does this?
>
> thanks in advance
> nos

Miquel (a.k.a. Ktalà a.k.a. Ton)
Linux User  #286784
GPG Key : 4D91EF7F
Debian GNU/Linux (Linux Wolverine 2.6.14)

Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games
Guns n' Roses