[kde-linux] How to build KDE in isolation

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Sun May 21 09:23:34 UTC 2006

Op zondag 21 mei 2006 01:19, schreef Nick Savoiu:

> Hi Bram,
>
> I didn't mean that I'm building the new version on top
> of the already existing on in /usr/local. Rather I set
> konstruct up to build it in ~/apps/kde3.5.2.

I was aware of that.

> My beef was with the newly compiled KDE referencing
> libkde*.so* in /usr/local when the environment in
> which I build does not have it listed in
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Normally I don't use Konstruct, but I build KDE with my bare hands. That works
excellent and it's never referencing some older libraries.

That said, make sure you install arts and kdelibs in the configured prefix
first. Because kdelibs contains the kde-config script which points to the
right prefix and stuff.
After that, install kdebase in the new prefix, where you've installed kdelibs,
it will pick the right kde-config script and use only those libraries.

So my question is, did you install arts and kdelibs already in the new prefix?

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)