[kde-linux] How to build KDE in isolation

Nick Savoiu savoiu at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 23:19:25 UTC 2006

>For me, it's sufficient to pass a prefix along the
configure
>script. I don't know Konstruct exactly, but there
should an
>option somewhere to install KDE in another prefix
than
>/usr/local . Take /opt/kde for example as prefix for
>your 3.5.x build.

Hi Bram,

I didn't mean that I'm building the new version on top
of the already existing on in /usr/local. Rather I set
konstruct up to build it in ~/apps/kde3.5.2.

My beef was with the newly compiled KDE referencing
libkde*.so* in /usr/local when the environment in
which I build does not have it listed in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Thanks,
Nick