[kde-linux] KDE crippled for certain user

Bill Dika bdika at hotmail.com
Fri May 19 19:51:39 UTC 2006

Hi Kevin:

Thanks for the reply.

The permissions, owners and groups appear to be the same for all relavant
directories and files in /home/dad, home/dad2 and .local. dad's ID is 1000
and dad2's ID is 1001. The relevant group is 'users' for both dad and dad2
files and directories.

Do you think that this problem is so deep that I just have to copy all files
from /home/dad to /home/dad2 and use dad2 as my login?

I would prefer to figure out this problem if possible.

Regards
Bill Dika