[kde-linux] Science-centric distro with KDE?

Jeff Eklund jeff at marisa.se
Mon May 15 16:34:49 UTC 2006

(If this question doesn't belong here, scold me and pass me on)

Hi!
I am trying to introduce GNU/Linux and KDE into my school and I have started
showing some of the science teachers some of the science applications that
KDE offer, namely Kstars and Kalzium. They were mighty impressed but not
really comfortable with the idea of not running Windows. I said I'd try to
look for a live distro which they could test out and evaluate some of the
applications.
So, I'm now looking for a live distro with KDE, focused around science,
meaning having alot of up-to-date science packages preinstalled. I want my
teachers to be abe to just pop that CD into one of their computers and try
the software out or possibly even use it in class.

So, has anyone got any ideas for me? I wasn't able to find anything useful
when searching the net.
Thanks!

Jeff

--