[kde-linux] kate plugins and external commands not working

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Fri May 5 05:06:17 UTC 2006

I have installed a kate-plugins package, since I would like to use kate
addons, such as html-tidy etc. But I cannot find those scripts under Tools
menu, anywhere actually, though the actual .sh and .desktop files are in
place. Do I have to do something else to get those?

I am using KDE 3.5.2 on Kubuntu.

One more thing: tried to add custom external command to External tools menu.

In Kate Configuration section External tools added a script

Label: SEBtoseb
Script: sed s/SEB/seb/g %URL
Executable: sed

but it does not work. Am I doing something wrong?

sed is in my path, "sed 's/SEB/seb/g' file.txt" in command line works fine

(tried also %filename and %directory/%filename instead of %URL, tried to
include  s/SEB/seb/g into single quotes:  's/SEB/seb/g' )

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info