[kde-linux] strange behaviour of mouse buffers

Bernt Christandl beb at MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Wed Mar 29 11:09:52 UTC 2006

Hello,

since i moved to kde-3.5.1 my mouse has "changed editing features"...

In the past i selected something with the mouse ("cut", but without
the delete part, in my case left mouse button) and it was put in again
("paste", in my case with the middle mouse button or wheel) -
and that was that.

Now, i have the "feeling" that's different whether i "cut" in from
an xterm (or console) window or from within an application/editor
and i can't really learn to get what i want with the first try.

In fact, most often, when i try this cut and paste, in the paste-step
i don't get the last string that was "cut", but some old remnants,
usually from some editing "session".

Has someone else seen this behaviour? Is this purpose? Or do i
miss something? At least it's not really what i want, but how can
i change it?

With regards,

Bernt Christandl

BTW, i'm going on to kde352 "soon" in the hope that this a solved bug :)