[kde-linux] Strange window behavior with KDE

twurgl at goodyear.com twurgl at goodyear.com
Tue Mar 28 19:16:47 UTC 2006

No respones....anybody seen such things before?
thanks!

----- Forwarded by Tom Wurgler/NA/GDYR on 03/28/2006 02:15 PM -----

             Tom Wurgler/NA/GDYR

             03/23/2006 11:05 AM                                                                                                   To
                                                               kde-linux at kde.org
                                                                                                                                   cc

                                                                                                                              Subject
                                                               Strange behavior with windows

I have an application that needs to run remotely and be displayed back to my Linux machine (SuSE Enterprise 9.0, KDE 3.4.1),  This
program opens a window that has a vertical scroll bar on the right side.
The width of the scroll bar descreases each time I click on the down arrow until there is no scroll bar left.  If I grab a corner of
the window and resize it, all comes back as it was, then when I start clicking
again the thing starts shrinking again etc.

We do the same program from the same remote computer to an HP and it works properly. If I use TWM on the Linux instead of KDE, it
works properly.
So I am thinking it must be something in KDE?

Any thoughts about what might cause this and something that I can set or unset or something that would fix this up?

Thanks for any help!
-tom