[kde-linux] autostart

John Klingler john at jupiter.com
Mon Mar 27 19:31:50 UTC 2006

Greetings KDE-ers,

I created a program link in Autostart to start xfishtank. I then used
properties to add command line parameters so the entire command is
"xfishtank -b 64 -f 20 -d". I then logged out and logged back in. KDE
started xfishtank with the required parameters as shown by examining the
process table:

    21989 john     S /home/john/.kde/Autostart/xfishtank -b 64 -f 20 -d

However, the "-d" option, which clips the fish to run on the root window
background did not work. Instead, the background was opaque. When I kill
the process and restarted it from a kterm window, using the exact same
command line, it worked fine.

Can anyone tell me why this happens?

thanks,

John