[kde-linux] problems since upgrading to KDE 3.5.1

Merton Campbell Crockett m.c.crockett at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 22 03:41:35 UTC 2006

On 21 Mar 2006, at 07:17 , Sean Colgan wrote:

> I'm running SuSE 9.3 and just upgraded to KDE 3.5.1 via the yast
> source:
>
> Protocol: HTTP
> Server: ftp.gwdg.de
> Directory: pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/
> update_for_9.3/yast-source/
>
> Everything was smooth, and the new system is working.  There are
> just a
> couple of problems.
>
> One, the 'eject' option on mounted discs (right click), pops an error
> dialog with the following message:
>
> umount: /media/RAGTIME is not in the fstab (and you are not root)
> Please check that the disk is entered correctly.
>
> I have to umount as root or run 'eject cdrom' from a command line.
> Both
> options are a pain.  Any thoughts on how to fix this?

I didn't notice this until after I updated to SuSE 10.0 where the
"Eject" option was replaced with a "Safely remove" option.
Basically, there is no need to eject "/media" devices such as memory
sticks.  Just pull them out when you're done.

> Two, during a shutdown, if any apps cause one of those KDE crash
> windows, the shutdown pauses until I click 'Close' on the window.  In
> the past a shutdown would just continue.  How can I fix this?

I haven't run across this as I'm still using the default version of
KDE released with SuSE 10.0.

Merton Campbell Crockett
m.c.crockett at adelphia.net