[kde-linux] problems since upgrading to KDE 3.5.1

Sean Colgan sean at fcleve.com
Tue Mar 21 15:17:46 UTC 2006

I'm running SuSE 9.3 and just upgraded to KDE 3.5.1 via the yast source:

Protocol: HTTP
Server: ftp.gwdg.de
Directory: pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/
update_for_9.3/yast-source/

Everything was smooth, and the new system is working.  There are just a
couple of problems.

One, the 'eject' option on mounted discs (right click), pops an error
dialog with the following message:

umount: /media/RAGTIME is not in the fstab (and you are not root)
Please check that the disk is entered correctly.

I have to umount as root or run 'eject cdrom' from a command line.  Both
options are a pain.  Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Two, during a shutdown, if any apps cause one of those KDE crash
windows, the shutdown pauses until I click 'Close' on the window.  In
the past a shutdown would just continue.  How can I fix this?

Thnaks a lot.

Sean

--
The poopsmith's job is obvious.