[kde-linux] Kgpg problem - where to ask?

Grant Lewis ukchucktown at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 18 12:17:23 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 March 2006 05:40, Anne Wilson wrote:
> If there is a better place than this to ask, please direct me to it.
>
> I use Kontact/kmail with gpg-agent and kgpg with Fedora Core 4.  My keys
> and .gnupg files were created some time back in Mandriva.  I copied the
> key-rings across.
>
> New keys are being imported automatically, as can be demonstrated by
>
> /usr/bin/gpg --list-key key-ID
>
> However, they do not get added to the list shown in kgpg.  I tried
> rebooting, as I was told that refresh was problematic, but it made no
> difference.
>
> What could have gone wrong, and how can I fix it?
>
> Anne

I'd say the easiest solution is to launch kgpg and use its import function
from the menu, then double click the imported key and set the trust setting.
I also had trouble with kgpg when importing my keys using gpg command-line
tools.  Once that's done a few crypto settings in kmail are all that's
required.

Grant