[kde-linux] Auto Login

Peter Billson Pete at ELBnet.com
Sat Mar 4 15:02:35 UTC 2006

Hello all,
    I have an intermittent AutoLogin/AutoReLogin problem when using KDM
with LTSP.

    The AutoLogin works perfectly 99.99% of the time but every so often
a single workstation will not AutoLogin and falls back to the normal
Greeter login prompt.

   Nothing I try will get the AutoLogin to work - i.e. rebooting,
killing all the user's processes, removing and recreating the user's
home directory, etc.

   However, I can log the user in manually and after the manual login
the AutoLogin will then again function correctly - i.e. if I kill the X
session or reboot the workstation.

   The problem usually is initiated by an X server crash.

   I am running kdm from Debian Sarge (KDM version 3.3.2)

My kdmrc file has entries such as:
    [X-ws251.elbnet.com:0-Core]
    AutoLoginEnable=true
    AutoLoginUser=ws251
    AutoReLogin=true

   Any suggestions where to look would be appreciated.

Pete Billson
--
http://www.elbnet.com
ELB Internet Service, Inc.