[kde-linux] kmail and base64 encoded jpg files

Pollywog linux-kde at shadypond.com
Thu Jun 29 13:24:07 UTC 2006

Every once in a while, someone will send me pictures of their pets in their
emails and most of the time, I can see the pictures in kmail by
selecting "view", but sometimes when the sender is a Windows user and not a
Mac user, kmail does not show the picture.  If I save it, I also cannot see
it and "file" reports the saved file is empty.  If I use Thunderbird however,
I can see the picture.  Then if I go back to kmail, I can see the picture.
The problem pictures are almost always shown as "base64" in kmail.

Is this a bug in kmail?