[kde-linux] kmail problem - can't send mail

Bruce Bales bbales at cox.net
Wed Jun 21 18:50:16 UTC 2006

I recently upgraded to fedora core 5 and yum-installed kmail.  I was
able to configure kmail so I can receive messages, but when I send an
email it goes into the outbox and stays there.

When I try to send a message I get a notice that "this message will not
be signed" which I don't understand and another that "this message will
not be encrypted" and a notice that "Sending only partially encrypted
messages might violate site policy and/or leak sensitive information."

I've been through the kmail setup multiple times and spent some time
going through the /home/bruce/.kde/share/config/kmailrc file (most of
which I don't understand) and don't find anything significant.

I need some help so I don't have to rely on evolution to send my emails.
bruce