[kde-linux] How can I prevent right-clicking on the KDE menuicon?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Jun 16 10:04:58 UTC 2006

On Friday 16 June 2006 08:14, VANESSE Daniel wrote:
> Hello Kevin,
>
> Allow me to clarify my request. We have installed Fedora FC4 and KDE 3.5
> on laptops used by our engineer as tool for performing maintenance task
> on complex electro-mechanical equipment. In order to prevent these
> people to use the laptop for another purpose, I have heavily customized
> KDE so they can not change anything in their desktop configuration (no
> access to shell, no right-click on the desktop, icons locked, customized
> menus, no access to Konqueror, ...). However, I found by chance that, by
> right-clicking the start menu icon, one could still access some
> configuration function and mess-up the system. I am now looking for a
> way to prevent that. As the laptops have been sent to the users Europe
> wide, I need to find what option I must set in which configuration file
> ( in the .kde directoty ? ) and then send the users an update CD ( we
> have setup a standard update script that is launched from the desktop).

The context menu action of Kicker can be restricted with kiosk using

[KDE Action Restriction]
action/kicker_rmb=false

in kickerrc, either in the user's one (.kde/share/config/kickerrc) or in the
global one (actually at any level of KDEDIRS)

You can additionally mark it immutable, especially when you add it to the
global configuration.

[KDE Action Restriction][$1]
action/kicker_rmb=false

Cheers,