[kde-linux] konsole - window title

David J Iannucci xqryvahkzy at punchcutter.ml1.net
Mon Jul 31 21:39:38 UTC 2006

> In .bashrc, I have PS1='\u@\h:\w\$ ' which is what I want as a command
>     prompt but not for a window title. ;-)

I have also noted some strangeness in how window titles are set, but it
never bothered me enough to try to track it down :-) I presume you've
messed around in Settings > Configure Konsole > Session?  If that hasn't
worked, maybe you should look at all your environment variables and see
if one of them might be influencing Konsole, along the lines of what was
suggested...

One thing I'd like to do is to stop Konsole from adding "No. 2", "No.
3", etc if I open up new sessions with names the same as an existing
session. I'd just like them all to have identical names (as irrational
as this may seem to some :-)  Anyone know how to do this?

Dave