[kde-linux] kdm login with alternate xorg.conf file

Pollywog linux-kde at shadypond.com
Tue Jul 25 21:43:16 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 18:57, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 06/07/25 19:47 (GMT+0200) Peter Wiersig apparently typed:
> > On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 09:58:24PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> >> Is there some extra man page rpm I need to install to have this
> >> information available in SuSE?
> >
> > Probably. Use "pin" to search in not installed packages.
>
> This is wierd. I did everything Pollywog said to do, and got nowhere. I
> sent YaST searching for findutils, and all it came up with was
> findutils. Then I went searching manually, and found findutils-locate. I
> installed that with rpm -ivh, then tried everything Pollywog said, and
> still there are no man pages for xinit, X, xinitrc, xorg.conf, or
> startx. :-( There are now man pages for man, locate, bash, rpm, & more.

Findutils is a "required" package.  It would not give you the man pages but
would help you determine whether they are installed.

info might work, until you find the problem.

info xorg.conf
or the 'apropos' command.

Since you have findutils installed now, run updatedb and then the locate
command should tell you if those manual pages are installed, but give
updatedb a few minutes to generate its database.