[kde-linux] kdm login with alternate xorg.conf file

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Tue Jul 25 18:57:30 UTC 2006

On 06/07/25 19:47 (GMT+0200) Peter Wiersig apparently typed:

> On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 09:58:24PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

>> Is there some extra man page rpm I need to install to have this
>> information available in SuSE?

> Probably. Use "pin" to search in not installed packages.

This is wierd. I did everything Pollywog said to do, and got nowhere. I
sent YaST searching for findutils, and all it came up with was
findutils. Then I went searching manually, and found findutils-locate. I
installed that with rpm -ivh, then tried everything Pollywog said, and
still there are no man pages for xinit, X, xinitrc, xorg.conf, or
startx. :-( There are now man pages for man, locate, bash, rpm, & more.

> http://ftp.x.org/pub/X11R6.9.0/doc/html/

Thanks. Must be there somewhere, if only I can both find and understand it.
--
"If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in
your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409