[kde-linux] Opera (solved)

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Mon Jul 24 07:30:34 UTC 2006

> On Sunday 23 July 2006 17:53, you wrote:
> > >SInce I have been getting a lot of konqueror crashes the last few days
> > > (must be something in recent Debian kernels but I have not located it
> > > and filed the bug with kde), I have tried Opera.
> > >
> > >I am very impressed. It is quick, doesn't kick.
> > >
> > >As I posted, I set its mailto handler to kmailservice. Brings up this
> > > dialog but does not fill in the To and Subject boxes. Selected it as
> > > the default browzer but it simply comes up with by saved presets.
> > >
> > >I would like to know how set it up to work with KDE. This may well be
> > > the
> >
> > best
> >
> > >browzer around! Check the recent Ziff Davis browzer tests!
> >
> > opera %U will open the link tab over your saved session. (Konqueror does
> > so with the session's tabs blanked).
> >
> > opera --nosession %U will supress the session but ... will optn one blank
> > instance and one instance with the link!
> >
> > Almost there ... what next?
>
> Dont do it in the component chooser. Opera's support base says do it as a
> file association for html. etc. This seems to do it.

Actually not. In certain cases, it is OK. Pure html. If one is using opera
with a stored session, it will come up used for asps, etc., in that session.
There is no way to set arguments in the file-associations dialog so may need
to call a script instead of opera directly. This wouild leave us with the
same double-instance (blank and target).

Almost there ... what next?