[kde-linux] Getting things to dock in the tray

David J Iannucci xqryvahkzy at punchcutter.ml1.net
Thu Jul 20 07:28:24 UTC 2006

> Last I looked Icewm was pretty minimalist, and probably does not
> handle traying of applications very well.  Its far from the mainstream
> these days, and perhaps the applications you are trying to put in the
> tray don't know about icewm any more than icewm knows about them.

Thanks for the response.... I have a hard time actually believing this
is related to IceWM, but I felt I had to at least mention it :-)

Reason is: the tray I'm referring to is not IceWM's tray, but KDE's
(the latter's taskbar sits below the former's).  Would such a function
as the traying of applets into KDE's own tray be somehow dependent on
the WM....?  I hope someone with authoritative knowledge can comment...

Dave