[kde-linux] Why are taskbar icons sometimes a big X?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 15 05:04:01 UTC 2006

I have some programs that have perfectly good icons on the desktop
but when I open them, the icon in the task bar box is a large X that
looks hand drawn.

A good case in point is Thunderbird which has a lovely icon of an
envelope in version 1.5.0.4 that appears in the desktop boxes as a big
hand drawn X.

By taskbar I mean the boxes for each desktop that typically show the
program icon.  Please correct my nomenclature so I can call it correctly.

How can I get the normal desktop icon to display there like other apps?

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux