[kde-linux] Scrambled letters in KDE

Thomas Knotts tomknotts at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 04:08:25 UTC 2006

hi all,

I am breaking new ground here. I am viewing KDE from a Linux session
via VNC on my XP desktop. I am using DragonDictate NaturallySpeaking
running on my XP machine to control my Linux Windows. When I dictate
into a window, the letters are extremely scrambled. For example, if I
dictate the phrase "this is really cool", it is displayed like this in
the window:

s isreallly coo

the scrambling pattern is random and not repeatable. I don't think
this is a VNC problem because I see similar behavior when I send the
keystrokes to KDE using the old program a2x which receives the
information from DragonDictate through a telnet session.I am hoping
somebody will know what is wrong, because otherwise I will be forced
to use  gnome which does not exhibit this problem, and which I like
far less than KDE.

thanks for any help,

Tom

            'It was as though eternal harmony were conversing with
itself, the way it may have been
             in God's bossom the moment before He create the world.'

                   --- Goethe, on hearing Bach organ music