[kde-linux] could not find mime type

waz wazungy2 at telus.net
Mon Jan 30 18:45:55 UTC 2006

Hello,

I hope someone can help with this sudden problem I am having.

I was trying to get Konqueror to play ogg files. It would ask if I wanted to
open them in KWrite when I clicked a link to an ogg file on the internet.
I tried to add an entry for ogg in the settings/configure Konqueror/file
associations. I succeeded to a degree.
Kaffine now plays the ogg files but I get a "Sorry window "
Could not find mime type
application/octet-stream

This popped up when I openned kmail also. I have never seen these before but a
quick search on google seems to indicate it can cripple some people's system.
There is so much to sift through (hits) that I thought I would rather ask here
than try to figure it all out myself (yes, I'm a green semi-newbie).

Hopefully I'll be able to read any replies I get.

Many thanks.

Waz