[kde-linux] KDE Vulnerability

Mark Ness msn1inc at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 02:32:39 UTC 2006

I am new to this list. I hope I'm not violating protocol by hijacking someones
 thread.
I have been searching for an update for this Vulnerability without any luck so far.
 OS is FC3 KDE is 3.4.2. I (think) I have seen patches for 3.4.1 and for 3.4.3.
 Does filename.patch.asc and filename.patch.diff sound right?
 FC3 has gone to Legacy and I was told there is an update there but i couldn't
 find (I could have missed it not knowing exactly what to look for), and they don't
 seem to have yum up and running yet for updates.

 I would also like to know just how much at risk am I if I don't use kjs and kpdf?

Scott <kde-fan at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote: On Saturday 21 January 2006 13:36, ajtiM wrote:
>  http://www.kde.org/info/security/advisory-20060119-1.txt
>
> I read aboe and download file from ftp server but I don't know how to
> install the patch.
> Thanks.

I'd get an update from your Linux distribution rather than trying to apply a
patch gotten directly from KDE.
--
Scott
www.angrykeyboarder.com