[kde-linux] Desktop "disk" icon behavior

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Jan 22 13:19:12 UTC 2006

I have icons on my desktop for the windows partitions. I used to keep these
mounted but disk (actually cable) problems would freeze the machine so I only
mount them now, manually when I need them.

I have cron jobs that check these partitions for viruses. I mount read-only to
a mount point (not the fstab one!) and run clamd. Well and good. However ...

While the cron job is running, the icon flags as mounted (it is mounted but
not where the icon properties say it is!). When the cron job finishes, the
script has umounted and the indicater goes out and all is normal.

Is this correct, desirable behavior? Bug or feature? Should I always be able
to mount to the normal mount point from this icon?