[kde-linux] Position icons on Desktop sometimes changes

dawizz wwwillem at zonnet.nl
Sat Jan 21 09:32:20 UTC 2006

Dear All,

Currently I am running KDE 3.4.3
on debian etch ( testing : kernel 2.6.12-1-k7 )

Sometimes the icons on my Desktop seem to switch place, as in
a couple of icons move a few positions on the 'grid' of the desktop.

I am looking for a answer on how to stop my icons from moving.

Every setting on sorting or lining up the icons is switched off.
The only thing switched on is 'Align to grid'  to keep them in a proper place
where I want them to be... a couple of days, or weeks they stay on there
correct position, and then sometimes they move a place up after a startup.

I saw this happen on combinations with debian stable and testing with KDE 3.3
and KDE 3.4...

What is my error?
Witch setting am I overlooking?
Can anyone help?