[kde-linux] List of Images Used by Desktop Slideshow

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Jan 14 20:06:16 UTC 2006

On Saturday 14 January 2006 21:02, Robert Morrison wrote:
> On Saturday 14 January 2006 11:33, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> > You can use kreadconfig and kwriteconfig to manipulate the entry without
> > knowing the exact location
>
> Wow. That's great. But: can you tell me where I can find
> more info? No man page, and google is not being my friend.

The tools are unfortunately mostly undocumented because they are only used
internally :(

I once did a small example for a talk about KDE scripting:
http://www.sbox.tugraz.at/home/v/voyager/scriptingkde/html/slide_11.html

> I tried:
>
> me at myhost:~/.kde/share/config> kreadconfig --key=WallpaperList
> --file=./kdesktoprc
>
> Got nothing.

kreadconfig --file kdesktoprc --group Desktop0 --key WallpaperList

> > Another  option is to make the entry use the output of an external
> > command instead of a fixed list.
>
> _Really_ cool. Would that be a backtick trick? Like:
>
> WallpaperList=`list_wallpaper_files.sh`
>
> Or something else?

Yes, almost like that
http://www.kde.org/areas/sysadmin/config_file.php#shell_expansion