[kde-linux] List of Images Used by Desktop Slideshow

Robert Morrison orbert at orbert.net
Sat Jan 14 20:02:51 UTC 2006

On Saturday 14 January 2006 11:33, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday 14 January 2006 18:32, Robert Morrison wrote:
> > Where does kde keep the list of images used by the
> > 'slideshow' desktop background?
> >
> > (Note: I know where to set this in the GUI. I want to
> > know where kde keeps it so that I can write a script
> > to update it automatically.)
>
> .kde/share/config/kdesktoprc
> entry WallpaperList

Lovely, thanks.

> You can use kreadconfig and kwriteconfig to manipulate the entry without
> knowing the exact location

Wow. That's great. But: can you tell me where I can find
more info? No man page, and google is not being my friend.
I tried:

me at myhost:~/.kde/share/config> kreadconfig --key=WallpaperList
--file=./kdesktoprc

Got nothing.

> Another  option is to make the entry use the output of an external command
> instead of a fixed list.

_Really_ cool. Would that be a backtick trick? Like:

WallpaperList=`list_wallpaper_files.sh`

Or something else?

Many thanks,
Robert