[kde-linux] Linux for the visually impaired

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Mon Feb 27 17:02:57 UTC 2006

On Monday 27 February 2006 07:42, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Our local LUG has a member who is severely visually impaired.  He is a
> newbie, but appears to have a good deal of determination.  His platform of
> choice is Ubuntu, and he is getting to grips with Gnopernicus.
>
> He want to use some sort of money/accounting program, and has asked us to
> help him assess the possibilities.  While running a kde application on
> gnome is normally no problem, we have no idea whether running, for
> instance, kmymoney is feasible in this situation.  Can anyone comment?
>
> Thanks
>
> Anne

Hi Anne:
As long as you have the KDE libraries loaded, there should be no problem
running any kde app under gnome or vice-versa.

Don't know if Ubuntu has the accessability programs, but there used to be one
called kmagnify under kde.  You could look for something there.  I'm using
fedora and didn't load the accessability programs on my system.

HTH,
Tom

--
Tom Taylor