[kde-linux] Arts crashing after upgrade to GCC 3.4.5 (***solved***)

Benjamin Traut b.traut at gmx.net
Wed Feb 22 12:45:18 UTC 2006

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2006 12:39 schrieb Werner Joss
> Am Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2006 11:53 schrieb Benjamin Traut:
> > My Distribution: Gentoo, KDE-3.5.1, xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6, qt-3.3.4-r8
> >
> > Has anyone an idea, what might have gone wrong?
> > Any hints on how to get an usable arts?
>
> did you upgrade gcc following this:
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-408128.html
> procedure ?

in fact I followed http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml, but as
it came to the revdep-rebuild-thing, there were too many packages, where
the installed versions haven't got any ebuild in the portage-tree
anymore, so I decided to manually update all packages (after re-reading I
see, that I overead the --package-names-option :-().
It turned out, that I  missed kdemultimedia. After reemerging
kdemultimedia, everything is working well.

Thanks,

  Benjamin.