[kde-linux] How can I navigate in KDE without a mouse?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Feb 8 20:30:07 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 21:12, Bob Loeffler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The guy who worked on our Linux box where KDE 2.x (?) resides is no longer
> here, so I'm jumping in to try to fix a problem.  The system time on the
> server is off, so I wanted to change it, but the mouse doesn't work.  The
> keyboard works but I don't know how to move between applications or the
> clock.  Currently, focus is on the Xconsole window, so if I do a Shift-left
> or right arrow (as I saw mentioned in the list archives), I'm just moving
> around within the Xconsole window text.  How can I switch to the clock or
> another application with just the keyboard?  Also, I think the mouse (ps2)

Usually that would be ALT+Tab, like on Windows.

However, while this is a crude solution, I guess it would be faster to just
restart the X server by CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE, unless you have some unsaved and
important work in some application (but from your description it sounds you
don't)

Cheers,
Kevin

--