[kde-linux] How can I navigate in KDE without a mouse?

Bob Loeffler bloeffler at md-it.com
Wed Feb 8 20:12:55 UTC 2006

Hi all,

The guy who worked on our Linux box where KDE 2.x (?) resides is no longer
here, so I'm jumping in to try to fix a problem.  The system time on the
server is off, so I wanted to change it, but the mouse doesn't work.  The
keyboard works but I don't know how to move between applications or the
clock.  Currently, focus is on the Xconsole window, so if I do a Shift-left
or right arrow (as I saw mentioned in the list archives), I'm just moving
around within the Xconsole window text.  How can I switch to the clock or
another application with just the keyboard?  Also, I think the mouse (ps2)
worked a long time ago but might've been unplugged, so I think that is why
it isn't working anymore after plugging it back in.  Do I need to reboot the
computer to get the mouse to work again, or is there a command I can type
somewhere that will "refresh" the mouse device?

I normally work on Windows 2000/NT/XP machines, but I worked with Unix boxes
a long time ago. They were running Solaris 7/8, so I'm not a dummy.  :-)

Thanks a lot!!!

Bob