[kde-linux] Keyboard layout produces 'err' icon

leonp at plris.com leonp at plris.com
Wed Feb 8 09:17:49 UTC 2006

Hello.

I shall be very thankful for the help.
Recently I run yum to upgrade from KDE 3.5.0 to 3.5.1 and after that my
current keyboard en_US layout stopped working.
I also have 2 other languages layouts which continue to work fine.
When I add en_US to the list using KDE keyboard toll-> configure dialog, it is
added without an error. But when I switch to it, the 'err' icon appears and
then the list of active layouts contains () instead of en_US.
But when I run the command line (which is given in the lower part of the
dialog) it works fine - no errors and keyboard seem to work in en_US.
The command line is below:

setxkbmap -model pc101 -layout en_US -variant basic

So, please, how can I make KDE using en_US?

Thanks a lot ahead.
--
Leon