[kde-linux] Where does kmail store data ?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Feb 6 20:15:23 UTC 2006

On Monday 06 February 2006 20:50, Andrew Walbran wrote:
> On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 1:15 am, Rod Butcher wrote:
> > Can somebody tell me where kmail stores its mail and configuration data
> > ?
>
> Mail should be under ~/Mail/. Configuration is in

Depends on the KMail version.
If a KMail from KDE ealier than 3.4 created the directory, it is ~/Mail (newer
KMail's detect this and reuse it).
KMail from KDE 3.4 on use the path Christophe mentioned

There is at least one known exception, a certain Mandrake version had KMail
patched (unnecessarily) to have Mail in ~/.Mail

Unnecessarily because the mail directory can be set in kmailrc
For example the case of a newer KMail reusing an older directory results in
this entry

[General]
folders=$HOME/Mail

Cheers,