[kde-linux] Plastik default on 4.0

Joonas Niilola juippis at roskakori.org
Fri Feb 3 08:58:03 UTC 2006

One good thing in KDE is that you can actually get/use the theme you
want. I've never used Plastik as my primary theme.

It's just that... everybody likes different things. For example I
don't like the "new Vista look" but I bet many does, because
kde-look.org is full of those kind of themes.

Ok, so, I'm not so much to the "eyecandy"-stuff. So, why do I use KDE
in general? Because of its usability. Yes and on that, Windows is
still far behind (I think). Changing from virtual workspace to
another, moving window from one to another and controlling your
desktop with your keyboard.. and only with your keyboard. Can Windows
beat this? With KDE my affairs stays in order. And besides, how much
the new Vista eats memory compared to KDE?

So my point: There might be one good thing in Vista, but there are
lots of more in KDE. And come to think of it... you can get new
Vista-theme to KDE with KDE-tools. If you want the KDE's practicality
to Windows, you need some third-party-programs which eats more and
more memory...

This is how I see it. How do you see things?

--
Joonas 'Juippis' Niilola