[kde-linux] How to add printmenu.desktop to KDE Panel

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Dec 17 21:42:22 UTC 2006

On Sunday 17 December 2006 19:10, Boyan Tabakov wrote:
> On 17.12.2006 18:39, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > This might not work if there is no default config yet.
> > However, the kde-config tool can list all KDE configuration paths
> >
> > $ kde-config --path config
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> Maybe this is SuSE specific, but my default
> directory /opt/kde3/share/config/SuSE/default doesn't get listed with
> kde-config --path config.

Since kde-config is a KDE application and uses exactly the same libs to
retrieve configuration as any other KDE application, it will see all paths
any other KDE application will see, not more and not less.

If it doesn't list the directory, I suspect it is symlinked from somewhere
else.

> What is the KDE (distro independent) default config dir?

Depends on how it was compiled. Usually $prefix/share/config
But any path in the output of kde-config will do.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring