[kde-linux] How to add printmenu.desktop to KDE Panel

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Dec 17 14:20:26 UTC 2006

On Sunday 17 December 2006 12:31, Unga wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using KDE 3.5.5 on Linux. I want to get
> /usr/share/apps/kicker/menuext/printmenu.desktop added
> automatically to KDE panel (kicker) for new users.
>
> I have added
> /usr/share/apps/kicker/menuext/printmenu.desktop to
> /usr/share/apps/kicker/default-apps. I get the printer
> icon on the panel, but when I click on it, it says
> printmenu.desktop is malformatted.
>
> Right click on panel->Add Applet to Panel->Print
> System works well. But that's manual, how to make this
> available by default to new users?

Good question.
If you add an applet to a panel, it creates an entry in the Kicker
configuration file and adds this new entry's name to another variable in the
same file.

If there are no user configurations yet, i.e. a new system, you could create a
default kickerrc with the necessary entries.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring