[kde-linux] KDE and Homedirs on network share.

Jiří Červenka cervenka at sps-pi.cz
Tue Dec 12 18:17:03 UTC 2006

Well,
I can use windows as NFS server (using SFU) but I do not want to. I
think it is too unsecure for my purposes.
But if you point me to some secure solution using NFS I would be very
grateful and I´ll try it, because I want to allow my users to use KDE..
I was really happy when I managed to use pam_winbind and pam_mount with
cifs for authetization and mounting homedirs. It really works very nice.
Is there really no chance to make KDE work with cifs?

Thanks for reply.