[kde-linux] Using the kde background setter with another window manager

mathias novices at free.fr
Thu Aug 24 18:21:39 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm using kde apps daily for most of my needs, but I'm using Fluxbox as
window manager.

I'm using xinerama with two monitors, and I can't find any background
setter which has xinerama features, until I look in kcontrol for
severals minutes (it's seems to be appear in recents versions...)

The question is : is it possible to use the apps which draw the
background outside of kde window manager, and without running kdesktop ?
And if it's possible, what is the name of this apps ?

Fluxbox use mousewheeling to change virtual desktop and right-clicking
to pull-up the "startmenu", so I can't run kdesktop with Fluxbox...

Best regards,

mathias