[kde-linux] Run program when mail arrived IN A FOLDER

John Layt john at layt.net
Sun Aug 13 06:43:34 UTC 2006

On Sunday 13 August 2006 18:35, John Layt wrote:
> Can't you just modify the existing 'Classify as spam' filter that the Kmail
> spam wizard sets up to do this?  The filter is separate to the automatic
> scan/classify on arrival in in your in-box and is only manually applied
> when you click on the 'Classify as spam' toolbar button.  It has three
> steps, one to mark as Spam, one to execute spamassassin to learn, and one
> to move it to the spam folder,  All you would need to do is add the -r to
> the execute step (if possible) or add another execute step to do it.

p.s. If you're not using the filters as set up by the KMail spam wizard, then
you can create one yourself with the steps as I've described, then look under
the advanced tab for the filter, turn off applying the filter to incoming
mail, turn on a keyboard shortcut, and turn on putting an icon in the
toolbar.  Click on the button or type the shortcut and the spam is filtered,
SA executed and the spam is moved to the required folder.

John.