[kde-linux] Cannot stop kmail from automatically starting onlogin

Brett Randall brett at hillsong.com
Wed Aug 9 07:34:51 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 21:03, Peter Wiersig wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 11:01:54AM +1000, Brett Randall wrote:
> > Problem is, KMail starts automatically upon login every time.
> > KDM is my Display Manager if that matters.
>
> You setup a imap based storage for KDE-PIM storage (addresses,
> calendar, ToDo, ...). Eventually you also setup Kopete to use the
> KDE addressbook, which would then instantiate the imap based
> contacts which leads to loading of kmail.

Just for future's sake, in order to start Kontact instead of KMail when KDE
logs in, I've renamed /usr/bin/kmail to /usr/bin/kmail.old, and
symlinked /usr/bin/kontact to /usr/bin/kmail, and so far seems to be working
fine. Since I couldn't stop KMail from starting on login due to the imap
groupware resources, this was my next best option, since KMail doesn't
actually do the groupware functionality (i.e. Calendar, Contacts, etc),
Kontact does.
--
Brett Randall
Systems Engineer

The material contained in this email may be confidential, and may also
be the subject of copyright and/or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this
document is prohibited. If you have received this document in error,
please advise the sender and delete the document.

This email communication does not create or vary any contractual
relationship between Hillsong and you. Internet communications are not
secure and accordingly Hillsong does not accept any legal liability
for the contents of this message.

Please note that neither Hillsong nor the sender accepts any
responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the
email and any attachments.

Hillsong
www.hillsong.com