[kde-linux] KDE /usr/lib? for x86_64 machines

Rod Butcher rbutcher at hyenainternet.com
Sun Aug 6 01:43:38 UTC 2006

I upgraded to a AMD 64bit dual processor and installed Mandriva 2006
x86_64. No problems. I then took the opportunity to upgrade to KDE 3.5.4
and started compiling from source like I normally do.
I discovered that even though I set libdir=/usr/lib64 for configure (for
some reason Mandriva chose this) the configure script ignores this and
hardcodes /usr/lib. Also the*.la files have /usr/lib hardcoded. Hence I
have to correct this but the build is still faulty.
Anybody out there with Mandrive x86_64 who knows whats going on with
/usr/lib64 ? Should I just build into /usr/lib ?
Also, anybody had this problem with the kde configure ?
thanks
Rod