[kde-linux] Konqueror Bar and Buttons

Peter Wiersig peter at friesenpeter.de
Fri Aug 4 20:45:32 UTC 2006

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 06:56:45PM +0100, Paulo J. Matos wrote:

> How can I have the buttons panel (back, forth, home page, etc)
> be on the same horizontal space than the Location bar?
>
> Anyway, I tried and it seems that I won't go far with drag and
> drop, they don't seem to like to stand by each other. Any ideas?

That last point could be solveable by manipulating konqueror.rc.

I use another way:

Right-click a button, choose "Configure Toolbars", select the
"Location Toolbar <Konqueror>", remove all from the right list box.

Select "Main Toolbar <Konqueror>", add at least "Location:" and
"Location Bar" after the "<Merge>" action. Add "Clear Location
Bar" and "Go" if you like.

You should have a Konqueror like that:
http://friesenpeter.de/konq_shot.png

My ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror.rc is available under
http://friesenpeter.de/konqueror.rc

Best merge with your version with kdiff3 or the like.

Peter